Sand schools are a great all weather surface for your keen all weather rider. We have installed many of these and they are all slightly different. The most typical construction is a 40m x 20m with upright fencing and a totally porous shredded rubber surface. We have also installed much bigger sand schools with angled fencing and a variety of different surfaces.
All sand schools will require drainage, this is usually a herringbone soakaway drainage system which also outflows in one corner. This outflow will need to go to a watercourse.
- Mark out area for the sand school
- Level this area of ground possibly cut and fill if the ground isn’t already level
- Install herringbone drainage system
- Erect perimeter fence
- Lay 200mm of un-compacted graded sub-base on a geotextile membrane
- Lay your choice of riding surface on a geotextile membrane.